Wednesday 30 July 2014

Review: The Purge | Anarchy & Guardians of The Galaxy


We've established I go to the cinema a lot (oops), the two movies I've seen most reccently and will review for you are The Purge: Anarchy and Guardians of The Galaxy.

The Purge: Anarchy~
I was really actually quite nervous going to see this because I saw the first one when it came out just over a year ago and it genuinely made me scream, I'm a mess. If you don't know what any of the purge movies are about, one night every year for 12 hours, I think it's the 22nd of March??? In the not too distant future, like 2023, all crimes including murder become legal just for those 12 hours, and every other day of the year is allegedly crime free. So people go out and get revenge 'release the beast' and 'cleanse their souls' but it's really quite political about the founding fathers decreasing the population by killing off the poor etc but I won't get into that. I did quite enjoy this film but I didn't scream, it wasn't quite as jumpy as the first movie to be honest but I still had moments of watching behind my hands, so still scary. I have to say this was the first scary movie I'd seen which had a happy ending though, so that was quite a nice surprise in contrast to the first movie where all the main cast died??? All in all I enjoyed this film, probably wouldn't buy the DVD but May watch again if it ended on netflix. If you liked this movie, you'd probably like The Purge (but who watched the second one first???) or maybe Insideous or maybe even the Scream trilogy + 1 another scream film. 

Guardians of The Galaxy~
I was really really really excited to watch this I'm such a Marvel/DC fanatic with X Men being one of my all time favourite film series' (even if they did start again, BUT I don't care because I love everything about it, bring on X Men: Apocalypse). Back to Guardians of The Galaxy (oops sorry), I really didn't know what to expect and the only thing putting me off was the talking raccoon, Rocket, but I have to say the film was actually perfect. I honestly never thought I'd fall in love with a tree the way I did, especially when he was in the pot😍. This movie is probably the funniest movie Marvel have ever made and the funniest movie I've seen reccently (not hard in comparison to the purge or the fault in our stars etc). It's about 5 ~criminals~ (I use that term lightly), who come together and escape prison and try and sell this orb they have because star lord stole it at the beginning of the movie and find that it contains the power to destroy everything, standard. Out of all this they sort of make kind of an odd friendship when the orb is stolen, and end they wind up saving the galaxy hence the name. I really really loved this, and I can't wait for the DVD to come out which might be anywhere between Christmas and February, so not that longer wait. Deffinetely going to see the next one, I can't wait to see more of all the guardians, especially Groot the tree <3. If you have seen it and want more like it, maybe try other Marvel movies like X Men (personal fave), The Amazing Spider-man, The Avengers, you know the gang, but if you haven't seen it, go! Do it. Now!

Rachel xoxo

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Not Now Rachel | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig